Friday, May 25, 2007

Gardening

Last Saturday I gave a seminar on 'Third Age Life and Housing Transitions'. One of the many things we talked about was thinking about what you would miss about your current home and what you would look forward to in a new home if you were to move.



My husband and I moved from a house to a townhome about 8 years ago. Although many people love gardening and working in the yard, that was one of the things we were all too happy to leave behind. However, that doesn't mean we don't appreciate beautiful gardens. We now have the best of both worlds...beautiful grounds and gardens throughout the complex, tended by residents who love to garden. Hardly a day goes by that I don't think about how much I love living here!

One thing we don't have in our gardens, however, is rhubarb. Our son and daughter-in-law brought us a treasured package of freshly picked rhubarb so of course I had to bake a rhubarb custard pie to share. Maybe one day they'll bring us another treasured package...maybe even one of rhubarb plants so we can share with our gardening neighbors! YUMMMM....

No comments: